- This event has passed.
Strategies for Self-Regulation, Learning and Challenging Behaviours
November 19, 2015 @ 9:00 am - November 20, 2015 @ 4:00 pm
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for school personnel, social service and health care professionals, counsellors, parents and anyone seeking a better understanding of autism.
Method of Delivery
Lecture, video, case study exercises and small group discussions
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
• Have a basic understanding of behavioural principles.
• Understand how to identify the function of challenging behaviours.
• Identify best approaches for a variety of challenging behaviours.
• Apply assessment, emotion identification, and replacement skills training as well as cognitive strategies for working with anxiety in individuals with autism.
• Create a learning plan with clear goals, appropriate task breakdown structure, and objective criteria.
Price: $ 375.00 (*early rate) $ 420.00 (regular rate)
*early rate expires October 29, 2015
EVENT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
If you wish to submit an event for posting in our Events Calendar, please complete the Submission Form. Qualifying events such as conferences, workshops, symposiums and training opportunities will be considered on an individual basis.
Please note, support group announcements and those marketing products or services will not be considered at this time.