Inside Out For Autism
Join thousands of Canadians from April 2nd to October 31st by wearing your shirt inside out for the day. Register today.
Inside Out For Autism is the only national fundraiser for autism taking place right across Canada. This event brings people together to raise awareness, acceptance and funds for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Schools, companies, sports teams and more can register their team online and access event materials. Join the fun!
April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day
In 2007, April 2nd was designated as World Autism Awareness Day by the United Nations General Assembly. Since its inception, autism awareness and acceptance have increased, and a better understanding of neurodiversity has ensued. This positive movement is captured in Autism Canada’s tagline: “See The Spectrum Differently”.
Get involved with World Autism Awareness and Acceptance by learning more about autism, sharing resources and getting involved with Autism Canada’s initiatives. #WAAD2018
October is Canadian Autism Awareness and Acceptance Month
This is a great opportunity to raise funds, awareness and acceptance in your school, workplace and community. Here are ways you can get involved:
- Add the Autism Awareness & Acceptance frame to your Facebook profile picture.
- Donate to support Autism Canada’s national charitable initiatives and programs. (Tax receipts are issued for donations of $20 or more.)
- Host a fundraiser. From corporate dress down days to school walk-a-thons, the possibilities are endless. Already have an idea? Complete our Fundraising Proposal Form.
- Share and/or print Autism Canada resources for a lunch n’ learn in your school or workplace.
- Follow us on social media and tag @AutismCanada in your autism awareness and acceptance initiatives.
Order your “Autism – See The Spectrum Differently” shirt
Autism Canada is excited to be working with Festival Promotions for our 2018 clothing campaign. This year’s design, Autism – See The Spectrum Differently, is offered on a variety of sensory-friendly styles and colours, for all ages. Every shirt purchased includes a donation to support Autism Canada’s national autism initiatives and spreads autism awareness and acceptance. Place your order now and we will ensure it arrives for April 2nd, World Autism Awareness (and Acceptance) Day.
Step 1 : Order your shirt on the Autism Canada Store between January 25 and February 22, 2018.
Step 2 : Once you receive your shirt, post your shirt selfie on social media and tag @AutismCanada with #SeeTheSpectrumDifferently to be featured on our pages.