October is Canadian Autism Awareness and Acceptance Month
This is a great opportunity to raise funds, awareness and acceptance in your school, workplace and community. Here are ways you can get involved:
- Add the Autism Awareness & Acceptance frame to your Facebook profile picture.
- Purchase your very own “I’m Au-Some, Limited Edition, See the Spectrum Differently” t-shirt, long sleeve or hoodie. The design is also available in French. The order deadline is October 20, 2017.
- Donate to support Autism Canada’s national charitable initiatives and programs. (Tax receipts are issued for donations of $20 or more.)
- Host a fundraiser. From corporate dress down days to school walk-a-thons, the possibilities are endless. Already have an idea? Complete our Fundraising Proposal Form.
- Share and/or print Autism Canada resources for a lunch n’ learn in your school or workplace.
- Follow us on social media and tag @AutismCanada in your autism awareness and acceptance initiatives.
Every year, Autism Canada offers a limited edition t-shirt for sale. We time it to ensure it will arrive for April 2nd, World Autism Awareness Day. By purchasing and wearing Autism Canada’s t-shirt, you are not only supporting an organization dedicated to this cause, but you are also supporting Autism Awareness and Acceptance in your own special way.
Step 1 : Order your very own I Believe in…Someone with Autism shirt.
Step 2 : Share Inside Out For Autism posters where you work, live, play or go to school.
Step 3 : Show us how you are spreading autism awareness and acceptance by tagging @AutismCanada on social media. Share your I Believe In…Someone with Autism shirt selfies and Inside Out For Autism fundraising activities.
Coming in April 2018: Inside Out For Autism
Join thousands of Canadians on April 3rd
(or anytime in April) by wearing your shirt inside out for the day.
Inside Out For Autism is the only national fundraiser for autism taking place right across Canada. This event is about member national and grassroots autism organizations coming together to raise funds and promote awareness and acceptance for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Funds raised will stay within the provinces and territories.
We are asking schools, companies, sports teams and more to register their April event online and raise funds and awareness in a way that works and matters to them. It could be a car wash, a toonie drive, or a casual day – the options are endless. Then, turn your shirt inside out and join in the fun! Learn more and register today.
Click on the pictures below to download posters and pledge forms. Email InsideOut@autismcanada.org to get Inside Out For Autism stickers.