We are conducting a study to learn about the first-hand experiences of Chinese immigrants who have been diagnosed with autism in Canada, with the goal of developing strategies and/or provide insight for professionals and clinicians who are considering diagnosing a Chinese individual with autism.
Cecilia Qian Qian Ye & Dr. Adam McCrimmon
Who can participate:
1) Aged 16 years or older, up to 35 years old.
2) Is an immigrant of Chinese descent who is now living in Canada.
3) Have autism, including Asperger syndrome, or are actively in the process of obtaining a formal diagnosis in Canada.
4) Verbally fluent, and understand a sufficient level of English or Mandarin Chinese
5) Is able to provide informed consent.
Participation involves a short online demographic survey (in either English or Chinese) and an online (Zoom) interview about your experiences of receiving an autism diagnosis. The interview should take about 1 to 1.5 hours of the participant’s time.
All participants will receive a $25 gift card
Interested in participating:
Please email Cecilia at email@example.com to participate
Dec 31, 2021